At Costar Video Systems we recently updated our troubleshooting and RMA processes making it easier to request an RMA and get updates on the status of your repairs or replacement.
In the below video, we show you how to request an RMA and begin the new process.
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you!
We will process your request and a copy of this form will be forwarded to you with the RMA number to be included with your return. Please note that any item sent to Costar Video without a RMA number will be refused.
By acceptance and use of this assigned RMA number the customer agrees to the following:
Non-warranty repairs are covered by the standard 90 days parts and labor. A diagnostic fee of $50.00 for non-warranty related issues will be applied to any repair cost. If an estimate is not approved, or the unit does not require any repair the diagnostic fee will be assessed at the discretion of Costar Video Systems. Also, Costar will do its very best to preserve any and all data from digital video recorders but will be held harmless if unable to save the data stored in the unit under repair.
Terms and Conditions
- New condition products are un-opened, unused, clean box with no writing or markings – can be sold as new again.
- Defective or bad out of box products have failed due to a component issue. Not including physical damage such as dents, scratches, or failures due to improper installation methods. A detailed description of the problem is required!
- Advanced Replacement products are available before your return is processed for credit. However, if the return is not eligible for credit the advanced replacement order it is considered a new order and payment is due per your account terms.
- No problem found products are that have been returned as defective and no fault is found upon evaluation. Properly working products are not eligible for credit and will be returned to you and the diagnostic fee of $50.00 will be assessed. Please be sure defective items are truly defective!
- Special order or discontinued products are not eligible for return for any reason other than “defective or bad out of box”.
Restocking Fee Information
- 0% New OR defective items returned within 30 days from date of purchase.
- 15% New and unused items returned within 31-90 days from date of purchase.
- 25% New and unused items returned within 91-180 days from date of purchase.
- Non returnable – any items purchased after 180 days from date of sale or special order/discontinued product.
To get started, click the button below!
Just need a little help?
Check out our Tech Tips Video Library for quick answers to the most common problems.